Sunday 29 January 2017

Swiss Cave Aged Gruyere

Today's review: Swiss Cave Aged Gruyere another treat from the Fromages du Monde counter at my local Co-Op.

This is a delicious mature gruyere that was strong and salty. It was nice to nibble on and worked quite well in a pair of quiches I made to impress my in-laws on their recent visit. (P.S. It worked!)


It's got a nice semi-firm texture and all flavour you'd expect from a quality gruyere. I fear my reviews are getting shorter as I try more variations of the same style of cheese because I'm by no means a gourmand and as such my vocabulary is somewhat limited. Plus I've been less that diligent about writing these reviews in a timely manner so this one is based more on memory than the actual cheese since it's long been devoured.

Recommended.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a tick-box review sheet, like one you may have used for wine, but attached to where you store your cheese?

    I, for one, would like to know if any cheeses are zany, or how nutty, and perhaps in addition to traditional cheese firmness scales, either relate the firmness to random objects/other foods, or an ISMOTU cheese hardness scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good ideas. Dare I say... food for thought? We'll see what I come up with.

      Delete